Agete Luxury Hotel reacts to the death of a tenant in an establishment

From Uche Usim, Abuja

Following the reported death of a 21-year-old lady, Esther Isaac, who was allegedly murdered at the luxurious Agete Hotel in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja, the management of the property has reacted to the development and distanced herself from any complicity leading to the death of the guest.

The brother of the deceased, Emmanuel Isaac, told SaharaReporters that hotel management allegedly pressured him to accept the sum of 500,000 naira for his sister’s funeral arrangements and forget about the matter.

However, hotel management, in a statement released on its behalf by Babajide Iletogun, categorically denied the allegations, while describing the guest’s death as a blow.

According to the press release, the hotel’s CCTV has been faulty since January 2022 and all efforts by technicians to restore it before the incident did not yield results.

“To this end, the management of the hotel could not have deliberately forbidden access to anyone, as the brother of the deceased insinuates”, notes the hotel.

Iletogun recounts further; ‘On Friday February 25, 2022, two guests, a man and a woman entered our hotel between 10 and 11 a.m. They asked for rooms and the rooms were shown to them by the doorman.

“After looking at the rooms, they chose room 901. The male guest filled in the registration form with the name of Chukwuemeka Michael and paid the sum of N9,000.00 which is the price for the room.

Premature ejaculation and “little joystick” solved in 7 days… Click here for more details .

‘On Saturday February 26, 2022, one of our porters obtained from the receptionist the list of each of the rooms that were sold out on February 25, 2022 with a view to verifying the customers of their rooms and also to find out which rooms were going to be held . Upon reaching the top floor, the doorman returned with a complaint that rooms 908, 910 and 901 were unresponsive to his knocks.

“So the receptionist told him to give the occupants some time. After a while, he knocked several times and there was still no response. Out of curiosity, he turned the doorknob to room 901 and discovered that it wasn’t securely locked. So he looked over and saw the lady lying on the bed and he said “hello, it’s time to go, are you keeping the room?” Yet there was no response. He then ran to tell the receptionist about the development who in turn passed the matter on to the hotel supervisor.

“The hotel supervisor, after receiving the information, called the general manager of the hotel and told him what had happened at the hotel and she was shocked. She was worried and asked the supervisor to go to the police and report the matter. Immediately, the supervisor went to Gwarinpa Police Station and reported and was asked to write a statement. He went back to the hotel with two policemen and that’s when they entered the room and saw the lady’s lifeless body. The police asked for a photographer to take pictures of the deceased,

“While the photographer was taking the pictures there were two phones besides the lady and her bag was also next to her and the calls kept coming. One of the policemen took the calls and those who called said they were his friends. The policeman told them that their friend was unconscious and that they had to come to the hotel,

“So at that point the police waited for the friends who kept saying they were coming. The wait lasted until evening and they did not come. It was then that the police took the body to the morgue at Kubwa General Hospital at around 10 p.m. When they arrived, three of her friends (two women and a man) joined them at the hospital, then the police recovered a card, where a doctor examined her and certified her death.

“Then the doctor came, took the information and gave it to the clerk, and then the corpse was moved from the hospital to the morgue. That’s when the friends opened the corpse and saw the deceased and started crying. After that, friends were asked to write their names and sign what they did. At the time, calls were still coming in to the deceased’s phone, but officers said they had to be careful how they received her calls.

“But the calls kept coming in and one of the police picked up and a boy named Isaac Emmanuel said he was the brother of the deceased. The police told him what had happened and asked him to come to Abuja. The boy told the police that they should not put his sister in the morgue and that his sister was going to wake up. The morgue attendant said that if they did not put the body in the morgue, he would break down.

“The police asked the brother of the deceased when he was coming to Abuja and he said it would be the next day. He wanted to travel by road the next day, February 27, but the police asked him to come by plane and the money for the plane ticket had to be sent to him by the hotel, because he complained that he was not not have much with him.

“So the next day, Sunday February 27, upon his arrival, he was accommodated in a hotel in Gwarinpa with all expenses paid by the management of the Agete hotel. On February 28, the next day, we met him at the Gwarinpa police station.

“The police took him to Kubwa morgue and we met the morgue attendant who took us to see the body. The deceased’s brother put a church pamphlet on the sister’s body and began to pray. After that we were told to pay for the embalming of the corpse and the brother was there when it was done.

“It is apparent from the above that Hotel Agete’s insinuations of complicity in the disappearance of Esther Isaac are not only unfair, but resemble a calculated attempt to blackmail our hotel. a reckless and deliberate lie by the brother of the deceased to claim that Agate Hotel had offered him the sum of 500,000 naira to suppress the information about the death of his sister Nothing could be further from the truth, because nothing like was never offered to him,” the hotel said.

The hotel management asked the police to thoroughly investigate the case with a view to bringing the perpetrators to legal action.

Comments are closed.